Cupping is an ancient method of alleviating local congestion and stagnation of blood flow. It is favoured by millions of people throughout the world because it is safe, comfortable and effective treatment for many health disorders.
A partial vacuum is created in cups placed on the skin by means and heat of suction. This draws up the underlying tissues.
This kind of therapy has been further developed as a means to open the ‘Meridians’ (conduits in the body through which energy flows to every part of the body/organ and tissue) of the body. It has been found that cupping is probably the best way of opening those meridians.
Traditional practice and experiences recognises the ability of cupping to move vital energy and correct internal imbalances, as well as to clear the effects of external injury and climatic influences such as wind and cold.
Some beneficial aspects of cupping:
- affect the body up to four inches into tissues
- causing tissues to release toxins
- activate the lymphatic system
- clear colon blockages
- help activate and clear the veins, arteries and capillaries
- activate the skin
- clear stretch marks and improve varicose veins
- help stiff, aching muscles and joints
- aid digestion